For years, the companies within Groupe CIF have supplied products for the aerospace industry.
Supply of monobloc lay-up tools in Invar. The use of Invar offers several advantages.
- Low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE)
- Long life time compare to composite mold
- Adapted for high rate production
In addition, the foundry process allows near net shape and complex shape WITHOUT welding
Our R&D engineers developed a special one part frame offering a competitive advantage compared to fabricated.
- Up to 50% lighter than fabricated
- Stable during curing cycle
- More energy efficiency in autoclave
- We are able to provide big Invar block up to 14m.
- We developed a special Invar (patented) to match with the curing temperature of thermoplastic (720 °F/380 °C). The CTE remain stable to avoid spring-back effect.
Heat Resistant steel:
Super Plastic Forming (SPF)& Hot Forming (HF) Dies
We supply dies made from our Ferrynox grades; high nickel alloys.
With extensive expertise, we can supply large tooling up to 17 tons. Our R&D department improves design and materials with the goal of extending the life time of the dies in service.
Design & materials according to your needs
FCMD is able to provide solutions according to customer specifications.
Our approach to optimization comes from special alloy development and/or design approach.
Below are some examples of solutions we offer to our customers:
- special grade with high hardness up to 340 HB
- material with high conductivity (FerrynoxN95)
- high silicon cast iron (high elongation cast iron)